"The most lively thought is still inferior to the dullest sensation" - David Hume

"So Hard to Relate to the Human Race"

Posted by Midnight Runaway On 8/1/11 1 comments

From the quoted title and possibly the more appropriate song title, "The Future Freaks Me Out", I find this is the story of my life.

Father you're silence is still deafening as a transition needs to unfold.
Where is Your masterfully crafted plan sending me next?
Such a distaste for what all society has presented and sold.

An earthshaker is what you designed within each of us.
Why can't my heart have a focused faith in that?
I'm beginning to set forth in my soul a crushing fuss.

Is anyone out there fumbling the way I feel I am?
Has chaos taken over their life like it has mine?
Maybe they've become senseless and don't give a damn.

It breaks my heart in so many ways to feel this alone.
A separation from the human race inside and out.
Sometimes it truly feels like I am on my own.

Pour a spirit of peace and comfort over my mind.
Let me see the direction you have laid out before me.
Help drain out this stress and worry so I can unwind.



1 comments:

Priscilla said...

Beautiful and true and super relatable - you're not as distant as you think.