"The most lively thought is still inferior to the dullest sensation" - David Hume
Posted by Midnight Runaway
On 8/11/11
I close my eyes, take a deep breath.
Where can I unearth the fervor and passion to pursue this need?
To hold You now, knowing you can't escape my arms.
Something needs to come in clear, maybe just the sprout of a seed.
Directionless, hopelessness, and fear is following me here.
I know You are there reaching out to pull me out of this pit.
But my legs are shaking feeling like I am on my own.
I just need some light so I can see where this life should fit.
A leap of faith they call it, no one spoke of the distance to the next pier.
I fight the comforts of normalcy, trying to break free of that chain.
To run barefaced without the lackluster self, the lies inside, or the lust for doubt.
How did I wake up one day embraced with so much of this pain?
What a thieving thought to tremble and taste the tip of the terminal tear.
Carry me through this now for my body is too far gone.
A spark of something new is enough to keep me holding You.
I want to make it past the night so I can see the crack of dawn.
Exhale.
1 comments:
"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." -Gal 5:1
Well written friend.
Post a Comment