"All the pain in dissent
all the freedom to climb
A thousand wishes Ive missed
for hanging onto this
When a moment brings hope for everything
every time I walk away from this
Will the one who came to throw it all away
ever get to see the end of this?
Carelessness is something I recognize
when you're fast asleep and I'm in the right
Taking in everything you ignore
my abrasiveness and your angelcore" - Carlessness by Fair
Fragments
Moving onward I refuse to look back today.
Signing away the final curse I had scored.
The breath in your lungs will cease to exist,
As I anticipate this next step forward.
The time was ill-wasted and bitter on my tongue.
You no longer capture the slightest hint or thought.
It was bad timing to discover this was your heart,
A self-righteous empty soul refusing to be caught.
I misstep in judgment has caught me off guard,
It burns me up to know this is who you are.
Everything will fall in place on that fateful day,
You won't be ready because you've drifted so far.
Admit you live a life of lies as you rest your head in bed,
You are so drunk and tired you cannot fight that noise.
The one that haunts and holds the vice inside your head.
The morning comes once again you repeat that fake poise.
1 comments:
Your ability to so quickly move words into pictures and images that evoke such emotion is pretty impressive.
You are great poet. Glad you're writing again.
Post a Comment