"The most lively thought is still inferior to the dullest sensation" - David Hume

Avoid A Void

Posted by Midnight Runaway On 9/14/12 1 comments




"Every time I breathe I tow a fine line
What's become of me? A sorry forced rhyme." 
- Walking in my Sleep by Fair





Avoid A Void



The tissue in my brain swells and shuts down.
My ligaments and muscles meld into mechanical functions.
This beating heart once enamored by passion, love, and beauty;
Has flatlined into a control room bleeding out wires and cables.

This static is alarmingly loud.
The rhythm is tiresome and constant.

I am not a creature that can be caged.
Yet the tamer has come and subdued me.
Locked in.                            Shut out.

No time to think.
Cruise control is a curse.
Communication broken and lost.

This cell diminishes all ability.
Drains of all mental and physical efforts.
Eluding to the worst of all conclusions - defeat.



1 comments:

Priscilla said...

You medical classes are having an influence huh?

Lovely expressive wording as usual.