"The most lively thought is still inferior to the dullest sensation" - David Hume

Please don't mind what I'm trying to say...

Posted by Midnight Runaway On 7/26/11 1 comments

Honesty

Where has it gone?
For some reason we keep our darkest things hidden from those that care for us most.
We are truly so selfish and self-absorbed to let our pride be shattered and tainted.

I have tried to be very open and honest to many these last several months in my life.
I can conclude it truly is worthwhile. It brings me to a much better understanding of how important it is to let down your guard and lay down your pride.

It blows my mind about so many people I know claim to be a Christ follower and yet continually live a life hiding everything they are ashamed of. Possibly an even worse situation where people don't discuss their frustrations and grievances that they face towards others.

It bothers me. Often I get deemed too forthright or blunt. Yet, in many ways I find that not saying anything at all could be much more fatally worse to the relationships in which one is involved.

In my opinion communication is the key to the success of all relationships in life. I find that breaks down into two important necessities - Trust and Honesty.

I hate hearing grievances through secondhand sources, I find it shows a high level of cowardice and a lack of character. I hope the handful of individuals that are close to me are truly unafraid to express their thoughts and opinions around me. As for the rest I hope you don't walk through life hiding.

I think about it and I don't find I look to many individuals in life through eyes begrudgingly. Yet others often seem to perceive otherwise. Which ensues me to believe that they don't communicate well, but instead rely on mere presumptions.

Perception is dangerous ground to tread on. Definitely and area I find myself constantly trying to avoid. I am a details kind of person. I love learning things first-hand and I hope that my attitude doesn't change about that when it comes to life.

1 comments:

Priscilla said...

Personal issues - address. Frustrations in general - I support going to find a punching bag. ; )