"The most lively thought is still inferior to the dullest sensation" - David Hume

Bicycles and Best Friends

Posted by Midnight Runaway On 3/29/10 0 comments

We all need a safety suit.

Since the end of the summer of 2009,
Life has seen some tremendous peaks and valleys.

I felt the absence of a friend,
The rejection of an entire family,
An incredible fear of losing my father,
Had my patience pushed further than ever
Consumed by the overwhelming power of temptation.

Yet I have also been on the other side of that wake.

Began an exhilerating new hobby,
I have felt a real comfort from friends,
Found a level of love for people I never knew,
Felt the spirit of God move more than ever in me,
Developed a new and different appreciation for life.

It's funny how our world is rocked so easily by the sudden moments that come our way.
We like the comfort of routine and the continual strokes we take in an unwavering motion.

Staring out we see life as a path,
Sometimes rocky while other times smooth.
You progress forward on this road,
While interceding forks along the way.

Unveiled to me, life is an ocean.
We are stuck in the center of it,
And we can't see anything but water.
All we are certain of is this pond is massive.

There is no path,
Life can't be predetermined as a routine.
Anybody could go any direction they want.
For miles we tread until one day the body gives up.

To me it simply means this -
Common trends and the populous will wash back and forth.
The waves will split people apart while pushing others together.
Some days the water will feel cold and harsh and other times warm and soothing.

I know I don't swim with all the other fish sometimes,
But for now I'm fine knowing the Sun is always above me.
I think I may let my life be a little bit looser a little less careful.
As long as I acknowledge the Sun is still there, I'm going to be alright.

I want to thank those that have comforted me most in the moments that were the hardest to get over.

Maybe part of my survival is bicycles and best friends,
Or the Father and his word.
Perhaps it's the tests and trials,
Or the learning and understanding.

I think it's all of those things,
In the end.

By : Thomas Dunagan

0 comments: