"The most lively thought is still inferior to the dullest sensation" - David Hume

Lonely Town

Posted by Midnight Runaway On 3/18/11 2 comments

V1.
I threw away that letter I wrote for you.
I meant to send it back a month or two.
Now I realize the words were never stuck to you.

PreChorus
A fantasy shattered...

Feeling like something broke,
The moment I came back home.
Whatever happened to that comfort zone.

V2.
I remember those words you said,
Spending time with loved ones instead.
Assuming I don't fit in your head.

PreChorus
A reality considered...

Feeling like something broke,
The moment I came back home.
Whatever happened to that comfort zone.

Chorus
Cast aside, cast aside; in this tiresome storm.
Broken down, it's the sound of my crying out.
That's okay, it's no surprise,
Another letdown in this lonely town.

Bridge
Will you ever hear, will you ever hear.
Were you ever here, were you ever here.
You'll never hear, you're never here.

Prechorus
A hope surrendered...

Feeling like something broke,
The moment I came back home.
Whatever happened to that comfort zone.

Chorus x2

Cast aside, cast aside; in this tiresome storm.
Broken down, it's the sound of my crying out.
That's okay, it's no surprise,
Another letdown in this lonely town.


(I wonder if your eyes will ever see this...doubtful. But either way you inspired me late last night/early morning to jot this down. Another song to add to my weak arsenal. Now I just need some chords to go with it....)

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

hmm. this is sad, but honest. i like the wordplay of hear/here. clever. also thank you for commenting on my blog. i appreciate it.

Hemi said...

Beautiful lyrics. I can't wait to hear it some day. Bring it to camp and we can play with some tunes!